Sunday, August 21, 2005

venting............

......i do not like to jog.....i makes me sweaty and gives me cramps....but i was thinking the other day after dale & i had a conversation about some stuff that we were frustrated about.....and though i tend not to use analogies....this one just literally came to me with no effort......

......you see people jog alot.....on treadmills.....on tracks(is that what they are called?)...and on the street......it made me think...........am i stuck on the treadmill of life?......just running in place, going NOWHERE.....nothing changing around me.......all alone, still getting the exercise i need but using something else to help move me along.......hmmm....then i thought.....or am i on a racetrack......running in circles.....with the other regulars.......enjoying what's going on around me.......letting others see me run and do well at it.......or last but not least........am i out on the street.......braving traffic.....going uphill.......going downhill......entering new environments......meeting new people everywhere......not just joggers..............


i don't know......i don't even have a great conclusion or moral to this........all i know is......it seems like church tends to be one huge treadmill sometimes.....get off the stinkin' treadmill....

Comments:
Thank you Jen for in your own way you continue to challange me! =)
 
I LOVE IT!!!!

i don't use caps often, so that means i mean it!

what an awesome concept!

stand up and stand out. choose a lifestyle or just choose life!

[for the world-wide renown of His sovereign glory]
 
thanks for all the kind words....kat...david.....dale....i still struggle with knowing where i am in my 'jog' in life....it just helped me to see the different ways we live our christianity and i wanted to share that....
 
thanks for sharing. I am no theologian by any stretch of the word but I think that the real problem comes when we do not thing we are struggling... when we think we've got it all together and we know what we are doing we become ignorant but when we are fummbling around just trying to better understand things I think thats when we truely are doing good. keep in mind that its not a sprint its a marathon... pace yourself and know that it is ok to not run as fast as the other runners just as long as you are focused on finishing the run! (sorry that was totally Christianized... blah)
 
hey, look over your sholder...
it's me, let's try the street...
wow to much... It's funny cuz I running on a tredmill and it is so easy compared to the street. The street wears out your sneakers, gives you muscle spazzes, people watch you and think is she just running when we drive by?
so..... I don't know, but it has been my goal for a year now to run on the street so maybe I should just give it a try?
 
ok, deep girl!!! I love when you reveal a page of yourself , Jen!!!! Your mind is alot like me! We want to do what is right but find without knowing it , we're not really where we should be mmmmmmmm Move us Lord, wether we like it or not into the street!
 
Jen...

I LOVE that analogy...how sad that we have teh physical endurance to run a marathon...yet we never get the courage to get off the treadmill so we can actually do it.

miss you TONS!!!
 
You have awesome kids!
 
yes i agree she does

some1~!~
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

/body>